I will bless the Lord at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
On yesterday, we discussed blessing God for Who He IS – the Holy and Righteous God who is Almighty, Eternal, Sovereign, the Supreme Ruler, Creator, Most High, I Am Who I Am, Master, Lord and Savior, Redeemer, Living and True, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Who was and is and is to come, Who is pure and perfect, Who is love, Who is constant and never changes and so much more.
We can also praise Him for what He has done…no particular order, just as it rises in my heart and the listing is in no way complete:
- loved us with an everlasting love
- paid our sin debt
- saved us by His grace
- given us eternal life
- redeemed us through His blood
- forgiven our sins
- blotted out our transgressions
- washed us, cleansed us
- made us new creatures
- given us faith
- given us His Holy Spirit
- given us His Holy Word
- lavished His grace on us with all wisdom and understanding
- sanctified us unto Himself
- made us alive in Christ
- poured out rich mercy
- reconciled us back to God
- rescued us from the dominion of darkness
- brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves
- given us eternal hope
- become our dwelling place
- sealed our redemption
- caused us to live, move and have our being in Him
- given us everything we need for life and godliness
- does more than we can even ask or imagine:
counsels, leads, heals, protects, provides, comforts, delivers, shields, guides, strengthens, sustains, helps, hiding place, refuge, gives peace, understanding, wisdom and knowledge, feeds, clothes, shelters, teaches, reminds;
- in every day, common language: saved my soul, picked me up and turned me around, put: food on my table, clothes on back, shoes on my feet, roof over my head, money in my pocket; given: a reasonable portion of health and strength, peace the world doesn’t understand, joy deep down, been: doctor in the sick room, lawyer in the court room; promised that one day I will see Him face to face!
- and so much more!
Psalm 103 (NLT)
1 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things He does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
God is Good by Vicki Yohe (Audio)