Exodus 6 (NIV)
1Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of My mighty hand he will let them go; because of My mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.”
2 God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name the Lord I did not make myself fully known to them. 4 I also established My covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they resided as foreigners. 5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant.
6 “Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I Am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.’”
We are privileged to continue in the Scriptures and once more experience the “I Am” and “I will” of our great God as He gives Moses reassurance and comforts him with the truth of who He is and that He does everything He promises.
- Vs.1 – Because of My mighty hand Pharaoh will not only let the Israelites go but he will drive them of his country (My power, not yours, it shall be).
- Vs.2 – My Name is “I Am That I Am”(everything you need).
- Vs. 3 – I appeared to your forefathers as God Almighty, but I did not reveal myself to them in the fullness of my Name (you heard the stories but you haven’t seen or experienced nothing yet).
- Vs. 4-5 – I established My covenant to give them the land of Canaan, I have heard their groanings and remembered my covenant, the Israelites WILL live in Canaan as strangers.
Remember Moses was to speak as God to the people…this is the Lord’s message (Verses 6-8):
- I Am the Lord, and I WILL bring you out from the yoke of the Egyptians.
- I WILL free you from being slaves to them
- I WILL REDEEM you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment
- I WILL take you as My own people
- I WILL be your God
- I WILL bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give Abraham, Isaac and to Jacob
- I WILL give it to you as a possession
- I AM THE LORD
The glorious promises of God! Moses needs to move forward knowing that this is the Word of the Lord and it shall come to pass. Just as we need to move forward knowing and realizing the promises of God are true and certain as we walk in the assignments He gives us.
“God is NOT a man, that he should LIE, nor a son of man, that he should CHANGE HIS MIND. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” Numbers 23:19
“…not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.” Joshua 23:14
“Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,  being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:19-21 [Abraham]
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20