Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. John 5:19-20
One of the spiritual markers in my relationship with the Lord is “Experiencing God” Bible study by Henry and Richard Blackaby. The study was such a blessing as we learned and experienced the Seven Realities for Experiencing God. God taught me principles for Kingdom living that all these years later still just rise up in my heart and mind. Here are a couple in regards to God always being at work.
- Watch to see where God is working and join Him in His work.
- You cannot stay where you are and go with God. You cannot continue doing things your way and accomplish God’s purpose in His ways. Your thinking cannot come close to God’s thoughts. For you to do the will of God, you must adjust your life to Him, His purposes, and His ways
- Will God ever ask you to do something you are not able to do? The answer is yes–all the time! It must be that way, for God’s glory and kingdom. If we function according to our ability alone, we get the glory; if we function according to the power of the Spirit within us, God gets the glory. He wants to reveal Himself to a watching world.
- If you feel weak, limited, ordinary, you are the best material through which God can work.
- The reality is that the Lord never calls the qualified; He qualifies the called.
- We don’t choose what we will do for God; He invites us to join Him where He wants to involve us.
- We were not saved from our sin simply so that we would qualify for heaven. God delivered us so we would have a relationship with Him through which He could carry out His mission to redeem a lost world.