By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. Hebrews 11:3
It is one of those read it slow verses…pause for a moment…make sure you read it correctly…took it in correctly and then..shout now, Hallelujah! There is no way a person can understand this verse, believe this verse, and not shout, Hallelujah!
My, my, my…the bullet points:
- by faith WE understand…who is WE? The writer and every true believer.
- the physical universe was formed at God’s command
- we see this physical universe with our physical eyes (“what is seen”)
- “what is seen (the physical universe)” was not made by anyone or anything that is seen nor is it sustained by anyone or anything we can see
- God commanded the universe to come forth and it was
- God created the entire universe out of nothing. He called it to be by His Word, by His own power
- God didn’t use anything that we can see, touch, or feel. He spoke and there it was!
- This one True and Living God is so worthy of worship, praise, honor, devotion! The God who so loves that He gave His only begotten Son that we might have personal, intimate relationship with Him.
- There is no reason to look at the universe and worship the created when we can worship the Creator!
How Great is our God? There is Nobody Greater!!!
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
And God said… and God said… and God said… and God said… Genesis 1.
By faith, we understand…to the glory of God!